CheapHostingWindows.com – To choose the phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting for your site, we recommend you going with the following Best & Cheap phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting company that are proved reliable and sure by our editors. Millions of people use phpBB on a daily basis, making it the most widely used open source bulletin board system in the world. This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes one trivial security issue and various smaller bugs. The security issue only affects users using no longer supported versions of browsers as well as improperly setup webservers (thanks to Lukas Reschke of Nextcloud for reporting this).
The bugfixes address the Q&A captcha logging errors when it was solved, fatal errors when upgrading from 3.0.x in certain cases, and database transactions not being rolled back with incorrect notification settings. Other changes include an improved migrator and hardened form checking in the Admin Control Panel. It also adds support for UI tests in extensions and now checks the version constant against the config version to notify users of incomplete updates.
What Is New In phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting?
- Check phpBB version constant against config version – Display a warning in the ACP if the version constant (files) does not match the phpbb_config version
- Support extensions in UI tests – UI tests now also support installing extensions and testing their behavior
- Improved migrator – The migrator will now properly prevent timeouts and infinite loops. It will no longer unexpectedly try to revert update_data() implementations using “if”: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2383821
- Dropped support for MySQL versions improperly implementing FULLTEXT support – Some MySQL versions used improper implementations of FULLTEXT support. Versions with correct support are now required: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/4426
- Users removed from newly registered group when limit set to 0 posts – Users will now be able to exit the newly registered users group when the limit is set to according to the setting’s definition in the ACP.
- Further hardened checking links and form submissions – Added link hashes and form keys to all forms in the ACP that were still relying on global ACP form protections.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Prevent MySQL error when looking at your posts – Wrong column was selected in certain cases.
- Q&A CAPTCHA no longer logs error when solved – A change in 3.1.9 caused the CAPTCHA to log an error even though it was solved.
- Min/max form values no longer preventing update of avatar settings – The newly introduced form validation on the html side will no longer report invalid min/max settings when updating avatar settings.
- Fixed fatal error when upgrading from 3.0.x – Fixed error when upgrading from version with softdelete MOD installed.
- Limit prunes per cron for large forums – Prunes on large forums were not limited. This could cause the prune query to fail at an unspecified point in time and leave topics unpruned.
- Rollback transactions in notifications manager – Fixed issues with not rolled back transactions when using non-existent notification types
phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting Review
HostForLIFEASP.NET review is based on their industry reputation, web hosting features, performance, reliability, customer service and price, coming from our real hosting experience with them and the approximately 100 reviews from their real customers.HostForLIFEASP.NET offers a variety of cheap and affordable European Windows ASP.NET Shared Hosting Plans with unlimited disk space for your website hosting needs.
HostForLIFE revolutionized hosting with Plesk Control Panel, a Web-based interface that provides customers with 24×7 access to their server and site configuration tools. Some other hosting providers manually execute configuration requests, which can take days. Plesk completes requests in seconds. It is included free with each hosting account. Renowned for its comprehensive functionality – beyond other hosting control panels – and ease of use, Plesk Control Panel is available only to HostForLIFE’s customers.
HostForLIFEASP.NET phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting Review
HostForLIFEASP.NET has a very brilliant reputation in the community. According to the statistics of the reviews we have received by now, almost all of HostForLIFEASP.NET customers are quite satisfied with this web host.So far there have been many reviews received from their real customers, the 97.0% of customers are highly happy with the overall service received, and there is nearly no complaint surprisingly.
HostForLIFEASP.NET offers various ASP.NET hosting plan on their shared hosting plan. HostForLIFEASP.NET lowest plan named Classic plan start from €3.00/month, Budget plan from €5.50/month, Economy plan from €8.00/month. And the powerful plan named Business plan from €11.00/month. A 30-day money back guarantee is provided to eliminate purchasing risks.
“Their servers never go down.” – when we surveyed on the reliability of HostForLIFE. We have set up an uptime testing through Pingdom to monitor a phpBB 3.1.10 site hosted on HostForLIFEASP.NET platform since July, 2013. So far, we haven’t detected any serious downtime which is longer than 10 minutes. HostForLIFEASP.NET always commits 99.9% hosting uptime in the real world. In the November 2014, there was no downtime and network interruption, and the testing site was 100% online.
HostForLIFEASP.NET Customer Service
The company provides 24/7 Europe-based technical support via email and live chat. Thus, customers can contact the experts immediately. What’s more, the company has promised that the first response time is in 2 minutes, which averages under 30 seconds in the real world. The support staffs of HostForLIFEASP.NET are all well-trained to resolve any technical problems effectively. Therefore, there is no need to worry about the capability of these people.
Besides, multiple FAQs are included in the section of Community Q&A, which provide people with the solutions for some common issues specifically. The Guides & Whitepapers offers multiple useful tutorials for site building.
HostForLIFEASP.NET is Highly Recommended for phpBB 3.1.10
After reading so many outstanding points and positive reviews, the answer is very clear. HostForLIFEASP.NET is highly recommended for people who are looking for a multi-purpose, reliable, fast and trusted shared web host at an affordable rate. In case that you are planing to have your web presence or move out from your current horrible web host, HostForLIFEASP.NET is one of the best choices you won’t go wrong.